Fleetwood Cadillac Models & History 1962
Thelimousine and big sedan for 1962 sported the new styling motifs. Standard equipment was the same used on Sixty-Special Fleetwoods. A distinctive high-headroom look was seen again.
I. D. NUMBERS
- Motor serial numbers took the same form used in 1961
- the first pair of symbols changed to “62” to indicate 1962 model year
- the next symbol was a letter to indicate the model as listed below
- the next six numbers indicated the consecutive unit number beginning with 000001
- The serial number was located at the front of the lefthand frame side bar
- Motor serial numbers again matched and were found on the center lefthand side of the block above the oil pan
- The alphabetical code “C” now identified the Town Sedan in the 6200 series
- The code “D” was adopted to identify the similar short-deck DeVille sedan added to the lineup this year
- The commercial chassis featured a 3962mm wheelbase and was provided to professional car makers for construction of funeral cars and ambulances, etc.
- Series 6700 sedans and limousines were full-pillared models with six-window styling.
||8.20 x 15
The majority of options and accessories available for 1962 models were identical to those offered in 1961 at the same prices
||V-8 – Overhead valves
||Cast iron block
|Bore and stroke
||101.6mm x 98.4mm
||325 hp @ 4800 rpm
||242 kW @ 4800 rpm
||Five main bearings
||Hydraulic valve lifters
||Rochester four-barrel Model 701930