Cadillac Catera Models & History 1999
In addition to the sedan that “zigs” the 1999 Catera lineup offered a Sport model option package that allowed the driver, as Cadillac claimed, “to zig with no fear.”
- The Catera Sport sedan featured ZJ1 suspension that was setup for more aggressive handling and response.
- The ZJ1 package included
- stiffer front and rear springs
- struts and shocks with increased compression and rebound performance
- enhanced valving for the rear shocks
- automatic leveling system
- specific seven-spoke machined aluminum 16-inch wheels
- Goodyear Eagle H-rated tires
- The Catera Sport sedan’s exterior color choices were Ebony, Ivory, and Platinum while the interior was Ebony leather.
- Other Sport model features included
- next-generation dual front and side airbags
- heated front and rear seats
- Sport seats with extendable thigh supports
- gunmetal interior trim
- matte grille
- rear spoiler
- specific rocker moldings
- Both the Catera and Catera Sport sedans were powered by the 3.0-liter dual overhead cam V-6 mated to the 4L30-E electronically controlled four-speed automatic transmission with overdrive.
- This V-6 featured sodium-filled valves to help the engine run cooler as well as triple-tipped spark plugs and a high-efficiency oil cooler to help extend engine life.
- The 1999 Catera was also the first Cadillac to meet low emissions vehicle (LEV) standards, significantly reducing smog-causing exhaust emissions.
- To meet the standards, Catera featured new powertrain control computers, an electronic throttle control and wide-range heated exhaust oxygen sensors.
- Catera also received a new fuel tank and evaporative emission system to more efficiently recover vapors during refueling.
||54-degree, dual overhead cam V-6
||181 cu. in (3.0 liters)
|Bore & Stroke
||3.40 x 3.40 in
||200 @ 6000 rpm
||192 lb-ft @ 3600 rpm
||Variable Dual-Ram induction system
||Goodyear Eagle RS-a P225/55HR16
||4L30-E electronically controlled four-speed automatic transmission with overdrive
||Recirculating ball, speed sensitive
||MacPherson strut, lower control arms w/hydro bushing, coil spring, and stabilizer bar, gas preloaded dampers
||Multi-link, coil spring and stabilizer bar, gas preloaded dampers
||dual circuit front and rear disc w/Bosch anti-lock braking system
|Bose sound system
|Power rear sunshade
|Five-Spoke Chrome Wheels