Edgar and Elmer Apperson founded the Apperson Brothers Automobile Company in Kokomo, Indiana in 1901, after parting ways with Elwood Haynes, with whom they had produced one of the United States’ first gasoline-powered vehicles in 1894.
The company’s early sports cars were labeled as “Jack Rabbit” in 1907, and the moniker was adopted for its touring models as well. In 1914, Apperson launched a V8 engine that became the power source for all of its vehicles between 1919 and 1922. The 332ci L-head V8 was promoted by Apperson as having fewer parts than other eight-cylinder engines of its time and was factory-rated at 60 horsepower.
Source: Bring A Trailer