The Simca 1000 Coupe is a 2-door variant of the Simca 1000. Built by a collaboration of Simca and Bertone was launched at the 1962 Geneva Motor Show, with the deliveries beginning in early 1963. Fitted with a rather small 944cc straight-4 motor was rated at 52bhp and could reach a top speed of 87mph. In 1967, Simca switched to the new ‘1100’ model and at the same time, commissioned Bertone to upgrade the body of the coupe which included two air vents at the bonnet and revised front grille. At the back of the upgrade, the car was now powered by a 4-cylinder water cooled 1.2-litre unit and the car was renamed Simca 1200S. Now rated at 82bhp was able to reach the top speed of 105mph. In 1970 a father upgrade added 3 extra bhp and the top speed raised up to 111mph. Production of the coupe ended in 1971.