Cadillac Seville Models & History 1977
|SEVILLE SERIES 6K|
Seville had been the first production American car to offer a 350 cu. in. electronic-fuel-injected engine as standard, and it returned for 1977. Sensors fed engine data back to an on-board analog computer under the dash, which in turn signalled the eight injectors how to meter the fuel charge from the constant-supply fuel rail. Added this year were standard four-wheel power disc brakes, a retuned suspension system, and Butyl rubber body mounts. Other standard features included
- variable ratio power steering (16.4 to 13.8)
- front and rear stabilizer bars
- 15 in. wide-whitewall steel-belted radial tires
- automatic level control
- power windows and door locks
- tilt/telescope steering wheel
- individual rear reading lamps
- automatic parking brake release
- a new seat/shoulder belt combination
A chime warned that seat belts weren’t buckled. Concealed wipers worked with a Controlled Cycle system. Body finishing used extensive hand work. Large-diameter Pliacell-R- shock absorbers were the same as those on the Cadillac limo. Bolts were epoxy-encapsulated to prevent loosening.
|Model Number||Style Number||Body Type||Seating||Factory Price||Shipping Weight||Production Total|
Note 1: In addition to amount shown, 1,152 Sevilles were built in Canada.
- 90-degree, overhead valve V-8
- Cast iron block and head
- Displacement: 350 cu. in. (5.7 liters)
- Bore & stroke: 4.057 x 3.385 in.
- Compression ratio: 8.0:1
- Brake horsepower: 180 at 4400 rpm
- Torque: 275 lbs.-ft. at 2000 rpm
- Five main bearings
- Hydraulic valve lifters
- Electronic fuel injection (speed-density, port-type)
- Built by Oldsmobile
- VIN Code: R
- Wheelbase: 114.3″
- Overall length: 204.0″
- Height: 54.6″
- Width: 71.8″
- Front Tread: 61.3″
- Rear Tread: 59.0″
- Standard tire: GR78 x 15-B SBR wide WSW
- Transmission: Turbo Hydra-matic transmission standard on all models; column shift
- Gear ratios: (1st) 2.48:1; (2nd) 1.48:1; (3rd) 1.00:1; (Rev) 2.07:1
- Standard axle (final drive) ratio: 2.56:1, with 3.08:1 optional (std. high altitude)
- Salisbury type rear axle
- Steering: variable-ratio, power assisted
- Front suspension: independent coil spring, link-type stabilizer
- Rear Suspension: Hotchkiss leaf spring, link-type stabilizer
- Automatic level control
- Brakes: four-wheel disc
- HEI electronic ignition
- Fuel tank: 21 gal.
- Heavy-duty cooling system ($43)
- 80-amp alternator ($47)
- California emission equipment ($70)
- Limited slip differential ($61)
- High altitude pkg. ($22)
- Trailering pkg.: ($43)
- Astroroof for full vinyl roof ($938)
- Astroroof (painted) ($1043).
- Sunroof for full vinyl roof ($742)
- Sunroof (painted roof) ($846).
- Cruise control ($111).
- Controlled-cycle wipers ($30).
- Rear defogger, grid-type ($83).
- Six-way dual comfort power seat adjuster, passenger ($107-$138)
- Six-way power driver’s seat adjuster ($99).
- Power passenger 50/50 seat with six-way adjuster ($197-$248)
- Driver’s 50/50 seat recliner ($110)
- Tilt/telescope steering wheel ($109).
- Automatic door locks ($101).
- Illuminated entry system ($56).
- Fuel monitor ($28).
- Theft deterrent system ($123).
- Trunk lid release and power pull-down ($61-$73).
- Twilight Sentinel ($51).
- Guidematic headlamp control ($58).
- Remote-control right mirror ($32).
- Lighted thermometer on left mirror ($26).
- Lighted vanity mirror ($47).
- AM/FM stereo radio w/tape player ($100).
- AM/FM stereo radio w/CB ($230).
- Signal-seeking/scan AM/FM stereo radio ($156).
- Firemist paint ($153).
- Door edge guards ($8-$12).
- License frame each ($7).
- Leather seats ($235-$252).
- Twin floor mats ($13-$28)
- Trunk mat ($10).
- Turbine-vaned wheel covers ($49)
- Wire wheel covers ($176)