Cadillac Seville Models & History 1975
- The Seville was introducted as a downsized 1976 Cadillac in April 1975.
- It appeared in dealer showrooms the first day of May.
- It was based on the GM front engine/rear drive “X” car platform used for the Chevrolet Nova and its derivatives such as Oldsmobile Omega, Pontiac Ventura, and Buick Appolo.
- The exterior panels were, however, exclusive to Cadillac and the equipment and trim level was as rich as possible.
- Included at a base price of $12,479 were
- padded vinyl roof
- air conditioning
- Automatic Level Control
- power seats
- power windows
- power door locks
- AM/FM stereo
- leather or special cloth upholstery
- Tilt & Telescope steering wheel
- GR78-15/B steel-belted radial whitewall tires.
- Sevilles came only as four-door sedans with crisp, angular-curved styling that was purely modern.
- Square headlamps, wraparound cornering lights, and an eggcrate grille with narrow vertical center division bar were seen.
- The base powerplant was a 350-cid Oldsmobile product, to which electronic fuel injection was added.
|Model Name||Model Number||Body/Style Number||Body Type||Seating||Factory price||Shipping weight||Production total|
|Seville||6S||6S69||4-door Sedan||6 pass.||$12,479||4232 lb||16,355|
|Description||Standard Engine||Eldorado Engine||Seville|
|Engine type||V-8 Overhead valves. Cast iron block|
|Displacement||500 cubic inches
|500 cubic inches
|350 cubic inches
|Bore and stroke||4.300 x 4.304 in.
(109 x 103 mm)
|4.300 x 4.304 in.
(109 x 109.3 mm)
|4.057 x 3.385 in.
(103 x 86 mm)
|Brake horsepower (net SAE)||210 @ 3600 rpm||210 @ 3600 rpm||180 @ 4400 rpm|
|Torque||380 ft. lbs. @ 2000 rpm||380 ft. lbs. @ 2000 rpm||275 ft. lbs. @ 2000 rpm|
|Oil pressure||35 psi||35 psi||35 psi|
|Carburetor||Rochester four-barrel Quadrajet Model 4MV|
|Seville||114.3 in||204 in||72 inches||GR78 x 15B|
|Brougham||133 in||234 in||80 inches||L78 x 15/B white sidewall bias belted|
|Commercial chassis||157.5 in||–||L-78 x 15/B black sidewall bias belted|
|Seventy-Five||151.5 in||253 in|
|All others||130 in||231 in|
|Controlled differential (except Eldorado)||$60|
|Rear window defroster, standard on 75s||$73|
|Automatic Level Control||$84|
|Eldorado reclining seat||$188|
|Air cushion restraints||$300|
|Coupe DeVille Cabriolet, without sun roof||$236|
|Eldorado Cabriolet Coupe, without sun roof||$413|
|Brougham d’Elegance Group||$784|
|DeVille d’Elegance group||$350|
|Dual Comfort Six-Way kpassenger seat||$125|
|AM/FM stereo with tape||$229|
|Padded roof on 75s||$745|