Cadillac Model & history B 1905
TheModel B was introduced in 1904. The single cylinder Model B remained unchanged from the 1904 Cadillac. The horsepower was now rated at 9 instead of 8.5. In 1904, the optional 1524mm (wide track was not available on the Model B; but this year a 1549mm tread was also made optional by the use of tubular axle to replace the pressed steel axle with standard tread.
MODEL B IDENTIFICATION & SPECIFICATIONS
Click to supersize
1905 Cadillac rear entrance tonneau
|Model No.||Body type||Seating||Price||Weight|
|Model B||Touring||4||$900||659 kg|
|Model B||Surrey||4||$900||659 kg|
- The transmission had two forward speeds (3:1 and 1:1) and one reverse with a disc clutch and chain drive.
- The overall ratio was between 3.1:1 and 5:1 depending on the combination of the size of the sprockets.
- The drive sprocket had 9 or 10 teeth and the driven sprocket had 31, 34, 38, 41, or 45 teeth.
9-T Drive sprocket 10-T Drive sprocket 31-T Driven sprocket 3.44:1 3.10:1 34-T Driven sprocket 3.78:1 3.40:1 38-T Driven sprocket 4.22:1 3.80:1 41-T Driven sprocket 4.56:1 4.10:1 45-T Driven sprocket 5.00:1 4.50:1
- The lower ratios were used on the runabouts used on smooth, level roads; but the higher ratios were used on hilly roads and for delivery vehicles.
- Owners were instructed how to change the sprockets, but it involved the disassembly of the transmission and rear axle — hardly a job for the average motorist.