Cadillac Fleetwood Models & History 1995
- The GenII 5.7-liter V-8 that powered the Fleetwood sedan and its upscale optional Brougham package model was upgraded for 1995.
- In addition to the aforementioned PG260 starter that all Cadillacs received, the rear-drive Fleetwood’s V-8 now also featured Quiet Cam.
- This revised camshaft design, in conjunction with new sound and vibration reducing composite rocker arm covers, decreased engine mechanical noise and eliminated valve noise on the outside of the car.
- Again, the 4L60-E electronically controlled four-speed automatic transmission saw service with the GenII V-8.
- For 1995, the 4L60-E featured a 298mm torque converter clutch assembly that had a higher torque capacity, which enhanced the unit’s durability.
- Formerly optional equipment that was made standard included remote keyless entry, central door unlocking and automatic door locks and electrochromic inside rearview mirror with new map lights.
- Other new standard features included ASR5 traction control; larger, foldaway, patch-mounted outside rearview mirrors; quiet door latch system; ignition key anti-lockout feature; revised instrument panel top pad; “SIR Airbag” embossed label for passenger side; and two new exterior color choices: Fawn Gray and Calypso Green.
- The Brougham sedan added a programmable garage door opener and an upgraded electronic lumbar system for seat adjustments.
- Also on the Brougham, the optional V4R security package was restructured to include the theft deterrent system and auto lock/unlock fuel filler door.
- For 1995, Fleetwood also received increased capacity of the Electronic Control Unit that provided more convenient traction control on/off capability.
- A toggle switch in the glovebox allowed the traction control to be switched off and on without restarting the engine.
- As in previous years, the Fleetwood could also be ordered as the V4U Coachbuilder Limousine Package, B9Q Funeral Coach Package, or RIP Heavy-Duty Sedan Package with heavy-duty components required for continuous commercial service,
|Series No.||Body/Style No.||Body Type||Factory Price||Shipping Weight||Production Total|
|Type||90-degree, overhead valve V-8|
|Construction||Cast iron block and cylinder heads|
|Displacement||350 cu . in. (5.7 liters)|
|Bore & Stroke||4.00 x 3.48 in.|
|Horsepower||260 @ 5000 rpm|
|Torque||335 lb.-ft. @ 2400 rpm|
|Fuel Delivery||Sequential port fuel injection|
|Valve train||Roller hydraulic valve lifters|
|Overall Length||225.1 in.|
|Front Tread||61 .7 in.|
|Rear Tread||60.7 in.|
|Standard Tires||Michelin P235/70R15|
|Transmission||4L60-E electronically controlled four-speed automatic (includes torque converter clutch).|
|Steering||Power-assisted recirculating ball, speed sensitive, variable assist.|
|Front Suspension||Independent with short/long arms, coil springs, direct acting shock absorbers and stabilizer bar.|
|Rear Suspension||Four link, coil springs w/automatic level control, direct acting shock absorbers and stabilizer bar.|
|Brakes||Power assisted front disc/rear drum w/Bosch anti-lock braking system:|
|Body Construction||Separate body on frame.|
|Fuel Tank||23.0 gals.|
|V4P 7,000-Pound Trailer Towing Pkg.||$215||Security Pkg.||$360|
|Theft Deterrent Syst.||$295||Astroroof||$1,550|
|Garage Door Opener||$107||Coachbuilder Pkg.||$755|
|Funeral Coach Pkg.||($910 credit)||Brougham Cloth Int.||$1,680|
|Brougham Leather int.||$2,250||H.D. Livery Pkg.||$150|
|Leather Seating||$570||Heated Front seats||$120|
|Sungate Windshield||$50||ETR AM/FM Stereo Radio w/CD & Cassette||$396|
|Full Vinyl Roof||$925||Full-size Spare||$95|