Cadillac Fleetwood Moels & History 1982
Two Fleetwoods were available this year: The Fleetwood Brougham as a 2-door coupe and a 4-door sedan; and a Fleetwood Limousine as a 4-door sedan, 4-door formal limousine, and a commercial chassis.
Priced nearly $3000 higher, Brougham coupes and sedans looked similar to their DeVille brothers from the front, with the same new three-row grille made up of narrow vertical bars. Standard equipment included
- a stand-up wreath and crest hood ornament
- Twilight Sentinel
- illuminated entry system
- controlled-cycle wipers
- tilt/telescope steering wheel
- six-way power seat for driver and passenger
Dual Comfort 55/45 front seats held three people and were trimmed in exclusive Fleetwood design, using Heather knit with Raphael cloth inserts. Eight colors of leather were also available. The coupe carried a distinctive Elk Grain vinyl Cabriolet roof with large quarter windows and electro-luminescent opera lamps. A chrome crossover molding highlighted its forward edge.
Sedans had a small (limousine-style) back window and full Elk Grain vinyl roof, with Cadillac’s wreath-and-crest insignia on the rear roof (sail) panels. A Brougham nameplate stood at the back of rear fenders. Color-keyed vaned wheel covers were new. Optional: authentic wire wheels. Brougham d’Elegance offered tufted upholstery in cloth or leather, with 50/50 Dual Comfort seats, special trim and identifying scripts, and special wheel covers to match the body color.
|Feature||Base Engine||Optional #1||Optional #2|
|Type||90-degree, overhead valve V-8||90-degree, overhead-valve V-6||90-degree, overhead valve V-8|
|Block||Aluminum block w/cast iron liners||Cast iron block||Cast iron block|
|Head||cast iron head||Cast iron head||Cast iron head|
|Displacement||249 cu. in. (4.1 liters)||252 cu. in. (4.1 liters)||350 cu. in. (5.7 liters)|
|Bore & stroke||3.465 x 3.307 in.||3.9565 x 3.40 in.||4.057 x 3.345 in.|
|Brake horsepower||125 at 4200 R.P.M.||125 at 4000 R.P.M.||105 at 3200 R.P.M.|
|Torque||190 lbs.- ft. at 2000 R.P.M.||205 lbs.-ft. at 2000 R.P.M.||200 lbs.-ft. at 1600 R.P.M.|
|Fuel supply||Digital fuel injection||4-bbl.||Fuel Injection|
While the innovative (but flawed) variable-displacement V8-6-4 engine no longer powered other Cadillacs, it remained active under limousine hoods for several more years. Fleetwood’s standard limo seated eight. For an extra thousand dollars or so, the Formal limo held seven, with a sliding glass partition between compartments. A second control panel let passengers adjust temperature and power windows. Heather cloth interior came in black or dark gray-blue. Front compartment of the Formal limo was black, with black leather in seating areas.
|Type||V8-6-4 Variable Displacement|
|Style||90-degree, overhead valve. Cast iron block and head|
|Displacement||368 cu. in. (6.0 liters)|
|Bore & stroke||3.80 x 4.06 in.|
|Brake horsepower||140 at 3800 R.P.M.||150 at 3800 R.P.M.|
|Torque||200 lbs.-ft. at 1400 R.P.M.||265 lbs.-ft. at 1600 R.P.M.|
|Five main bearings|
|Hydraulic valve lifters|
|Fuel supply||Digital fuel injection||4-bbl. carburetor|
|I. D. DATA|
|Model||Series Number||Body/Style Number||Body Type||Seating||Factory Price||Shipping Weight||Production Total|
|Fleetwood Brougham||6C||B47||2-door Coupe||6||$17,931 / 18,096||3825 lb||50,130 (total includes the 2-door DeVille)|
|Fleetwood Brougham||6C||B69||4-door Sedan||6||$18,402 / 18,567||3866 lb||86,020 (total included the 4-door DeVille)|
|Fleetwood Limousine||6D||F23||4-door Sedan||8||$27,961||4628 lb||1,450|
|Fleetwood Limousine (V8-6-4)||6D||F33||4-door Formal Limousine||7||$28,941||4718 lb|
|Fleetwood Limousine||6D||Z90||Commercial Chassis||N/A||N/A||N/A|
FACTORY PRICE AND WEIGHT NOTE: Figures before the slash are for V-6 engine, which was actually a $165 credit option; after slash for standard gasoline V-8. Diesel V-8 was also available.
|Feature||Brougham Coupe||Brougham Sedan||Limousine|
|Wheelbase||121.4 in.||144.5 in.|
|Overall length||221.0 in.||244.0 in.|
|Height||54.6 in.||56.7 in.||–|
|Width||76.5 in. max.|
|Front Tread||61.7 in.|
|Rear Tread||60.7 in.|
|Standard Tires||P215/75R15 SBR wide WSW||HR78 x 15-D wide WSW|
|Transmission||Three-speed Turbo Hydra-matic (THM350C)||Four-speed overdrive automatic (THM200-4R)||Turbo Hydra-matic (THM400)|
|Ratios||(1st) 2.52:1; (2nd) 1.52:1; (3rd) 1.00:1; (Rev) 1.94:1.||(1st) 2.74:1; (2nd) 1.57:1; (3rd) 1.00:1; (4th) 0.667:1; (Rev) 2.07:1||(1st) 2.48:1; (2nd) 1.48:1; (3rd) 1.00:1; (Rev) 2.07:1.|
|Standard final drive ratio||3.42:1||2.41:1 2.93:1||3.08:1|
|Steering||recirculating ball; power assist|
|Front suspension||coil springs and link stabilizer bar|
|Rear suspension||four-link, coil springs, elect. level control std. on limo and available on Brougham|
|Brakes||front disc, rear drum|
|Fuel tank||26 gal.||24.5 gal.||24.5 gal.|
- 4.1 liter V-6 engine ($165 credit)
- 5.7 liter diesel V-8 engine ($179-$351); N/A limo
- California emission equipment: (N/A)
- Altitude emissions pkg.: diesel or 4.1 V-8 (NC)
- Engine block heater: ($26)
- 100-amp alternator ($48)
- Limited slip differential: ($106)
- Electronic level control: Brghm ($198)
- Heavy-duty ride package: Brghm ($310)
- Brougham d’Elegance with cloth seating ($1195)
- Brougham d’Elegance with leather seating($1730).
|CONVENIENCE / APPEARANCE OPTIONS|
- Astroroof ($1195); N/A on limo
- Electronic cruise control ($175)
- Controlled-cycle wiper system: limo ($53)
- Rear defogger w/heated outside mirrors ($150-$198)
- Automatic door locks ($145).
- Remote-locking fuel filler door ($56)
- Garage door opener ($140)
- Illuminated entry system ($76).
- Dual Comfort front seats w/six-way power passenger seat adjuster ($413).
- Memory driver’s seat ($180).
- Power driver’s seat recliner ($150)
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel rim ($95).
- Tilt/telescope steering wheel ($169).
- Power trunk lid release and pull-down: limo ($112).
- Theft deterrent system ($179).
- Twilight Sentinel: limo ($76).
- Guidematic headlamp control ($93).
- Trumpet horn ($35)
- Electric remote-control outside mirrors ($98).
- Electric remote mirrors w/thermometer on left: limo ($114)
- Twin lighted vanity mirrors ($136).
- Electronic-tuning seek/scan AM/FM stereo radio with 8-track tape player ($225)
- Electronic-tuning seek/scan AM/FM stereo radio with 8-track and CB ($515)
- Electronic-tuning seek/scan AM/FM stereo radio with cassette and symphony sound system ($290).
- Electronic-tuning radio with 8-track and rear control: limo ($430)
- Triband antenna ($45)
- Firemist paint ($229).
- Bodyside molding ($61).
- Door edge guards ($18-$27).
- License frame ($13).
- Leather seating area ($498-$680).
- Carpeted rubber floor mats: front ($41-$43); rear ($24)
- Trunk mat ($20).
- Locking wire wheels: Brougham ($860).
- Wire wheel covers ($298-$375).
- Puncture-sealing tires ($130-$175).