Cadillac Deville Models & History 1995
DeVille, long a classic among luxury automobiles, continues to offer an unmatched combination of elegant style, full-size six-passenger comfort, and leading-edge safety. For 1995, a re-engineered and relocated exhaust system and enhancements to the car’s body structure helped quell interior sound adding to DeVille’s vault-like solidity.
Year after year, more people choose DeVille than any other luxury car. And with DeVille’s inimitable style, the authority of a 200-horsepower V8 engine and the confidence of anti-lock brakes and standard Traction Control, it’s easy to see why.
With the largest interior of any front-wheel drive car, DeVille is the definition of full-size luxury. And with a front-seat Airbank System providing air-bag protection for all three front passengers, DeVille is also a leader in safety. Ergonomics and information displays are unsurpassed for their “user-friendly” design. In fact, DeVille ranks with the best in the world in terms of positive human factors.
To the room and grace of DeVille, Concours adds the advanced Northstar System, with full-range Traction Control, a Road-Sensing Suspension and a supremely capable 275-hp Northstar V8. Inside, Concours features power-adjustable heated front seats with leather seating areas and a superb Active Audio stereo system. The result? Concours carries six passengers through the most difficult handling situations in sumptuous luxury, with poise to spare.
- Sedan DeVille and DeVille Concours again comprised the lineup, with each retaining the powertrain used the year previous.
- The Concours sedan’s Northstar engine was upgraded by five horsepower (from 270 to 275) due to receiving a new fluid induction system that increased airflow efficiency through smoother intake tuning tubes.
- Formerly optional features that were made standard on the Sedan DeVille included Bosch ASR5 (Anti-Slip Regulation) traction control, 20 second illuminated entry, airbag electronic sensing and diagnostic module, electronic gear selector display and windshield wiper-activated headlamps.
- Other new standard features included a trunk lid power pulldown and door edge guards deleted (both 1994 running changes), trunk cargo net, underhood lamp, decklid lock ornamentation in red and black, new accent stripe and three additional exterior water borne paint colors: Shale, Pearl Red, and Amethyst.
- Inside, Saratoga interior cloth was standard with one new color offered: Neutral Shale.
- In the optional Nuance leather, Neutral Shale and Cappuccino Cream were new color choices.
- Other new optional equipment included an electronic compass inside the rearview mirror, programmable garage door opener, and sunroof with illuminated driver and front passenger vanity mirrors and rear reading lamps.
- Changes in the DeVille�s suspension included tapered ball studs for stabilizer bar link joints and low friction upper arm bushings.
- In addition to the upgrades listed for the Sedan DeVille, the DeVille Concours received the integrated Chassis Control System (ICCS) that improved stopping distance, increased braking stability, and reduced unnecessary reaction of the traction contro system in low speed tight turning radius maneuvers.
- The Concours sedan also featured a traction control disable switch located in the glovebox.
- Other new, unique-to-Concours features included the programmable garage door opener as standard fare, rear seat storage armrest, 16-inch cast aluminum wheels with diamond-cut finish wreath-and-crest center caps, pre-loaded damper valving suspension components, stiffening brace package for the Northstar V-8 to reduce vibration and two additional color choices for standard Nuance leather seating: Neutral Shale and Cappuccino Cream.
||4-dr. Concours Sed.
||90-degree Northstar 32-valve DOHC V-8
||90-degree. overhead valve V-8
||Aluminum block with cast iron cylinder liners & aluminum cylinder heads
||Aluminum block with cast iron cylinder liners & cast iron cylinder heads
||279 cu . in. (4.6 liters)
||299 cu . in. (4.9 liters)
|Bore & Stroke
||3.66 x 3.31 in.
||3.62 x 3.62 in.
||300 hp @ 6000 rpm
||200 @4100 rpm
||295 lb.-ft. @ 4400 rpm
||275 lb.-ft. @3000 rpm
||sequential-port fuel injection for uncompromised response at all speeds
||Sequential port fuel injection
||Direct acting hydraulic tappets
||Roller hydraulic valve lifters
||Goodyear Eagle RS-A P225/60R16
||4T60-E electronically controlled four-speed automatic with overdrive (includes viscous converter clutch)
||4T80-E electronically controlled four-speed automatic (includes viscous converter clutch)
||Power-assisted rack-and-pinion, speed sensitive
||Independent Macpherson strut with coil springs strut-type shock absorbers and stabilizer bar
||Independent Macpherson strut with coil springs strut-type shock absorbers and electronic variable rate dampers and stabilizer bar
||Fully independent, short/long arm w/automatic level control and speed sensitive suspension
||Fully independent, coil springs, short/long arm w/automatic level control and electronic variable dampers w/road sensing suspension
||Power assisted front and rear disc w/Bosch anti-lock braking system
||20.0 US gal.
|V92 3,000-Pound Trailer Towing Pkg. (DeVille Concours)
||Opt. Pkg. 1SB: (Sedan DeV)
|Garage Door Opener
||Theft Deterrent Syst. (Sedan DeV)
|White Diamond Paint
||Pearl Red Paint
|Electrochromic Auto Day/Night Driver’s Side Mirror (std DeV Concours)
||ETR AM/FM Stereo Radio w/Cassette (std DeV Concours)
|ETR AM/FM Stereo Radio w/Cassette & CD (Sedan DeV)
||ETR AM/FM Stereo Radio w/Cassette & CD (DeV Concours)
|Heated Windshield (Sedan DeV)
||Heated Front Seats
|Leather Seats (std DeVille Concours)