Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire 346 is the first Sapphire model built by the British engineering group. Introduced in late 1952 was coupled with the six-cylinder 3.4-litre engine which delivered a power of 125bhp. The twin Stromberg carburetors were available as an option and they raised the power output by additional 25bhp giving the car the top speed in excess of 100mph. The car was available as a 4 and 6 light (2 or 3 windows on each side) with either a bench or individual front seats. In 1955 the long-wheelbase model was launched in a limousine variant with the wheelbase extended by 21 inches. A total of 7697 346s were built until 1958 when the production was ceased in favor of the new, Star Sapphire.