The Lancia Aurelia B20 GT is a beautiful coupe variant of the Italian-built Lancia Aurelia line which is noted for using the first series-production V6 power plant. The first series of the coupe was released in 1951. Elegant and flowing curves of the body were designed by Ghia and built by Pininfarina on the shortened wheelbase of the standard Aurelia which accommodated the 1991cc motor rated at 75hp. In 1952, the second series model came out pushing the power up to 80hp and featuring better brakes, chromes bumpers and enlarged instrument gauges. The bigger, 2.5-litre V6 appeared in 1953 third series Aurelia. The new release didn’t differ much visually from its predecessor – only the rear tail fins were removed from the design. The fourth series received the new de Dion tube rear suspension and it was the first release to be offered in left-hand drive. In 1956, Aurelia was revised for the fifth time with a split case transaxle and a new driveshaft. A year later, the last, sixth series was released with vent windows and a chrome strip located on the bonnet. The engine was re-tuned to produce more torque to offset the greater weight of the car.