The new Series 314 Cadillac was introduced in August 1925 as a 1926 model. It was a much-improved version of the V-63 and was named after the engine’s displacement, which had also been reengineered. As a result of the reengineering, the car was lighter by 250 pounds and had a horsepower increase of almost 10%. The Series 314 was in production until 1927, when it was replaced by the Series 341 for the 1928 model year.
The exterior of the car features Trippe Safety Speedlights, dual cowl lights, a sun visor, driver’s side wiper, and a rear-mounted spare. Atop the radiator, a Cadillac Herald mascot is prominently displayed. The car has Lester whitewall tires mounted on painted wood-spoke wheels with factory hub caps. It is powered by a 314-cubic-inch V-8 engine that is paired with a three-speed manual transmission.
The interior of the car is trimmed in light blue cloth, complemented by wood-framed windows and a wood-rimmed steering wheel. The dashboard, which matches the body color, houses an ornate instrumentation panel with a speedometer, air, gas, oil, and amperes gauges, a Jaeger clock, and a retractable lighter. Although gloveboxes were not common in 1927, there is a storage pouch on the front passenger kick panel for storing items during transit. As expected of a Cadillac, the rear passenger compartment is luxuriously appointed and includes a footrest, in-floor heater vent, and privacy shades.
Source: RM Sotheby’s