The French-built Rochet-Schneider was produced from 1894–1932. Located in Lyon, the company was formed by Edouard Rochet, who made bicycles with his father, and Theophile Schneider. Initially, cars were Benz-like, then inspired by Panhard, and subsequently by Mercedes as evidenced by the V-shaped grille of this example.
During WWI, the company made lorries for the Army, resuming auto production in 1918 with pre-war models. Following 1932, the firm concentrated on trucks and busses, having discontinued the production of automobiles.
Story by RM Sotheby’s